Saturday, March 10, 2012

Past in the present

So, a random thought came to me today. How do you move on when your past is still in the present? I guess you have to look at it from different points of view. Usually your past is a learning process. (Some of us have to go through this process numerous times.)You can choose to grow from this process, or get left behind. I feel your past is a "crossroads" scenario. You have to choose to move forward and leave what was done in the past OR... You can turn around and go back to see if you can fix what has been broken. Everyone has to weigh their options. I feel if you do want to go back, you need to decide if its really worth it. If you know things will change and you have complete faith in that situation. Notice I didn't say if you Love that person or thing? By experience,I find that love isn't enough. Sometimes when you love someone or something its just better to let go. If and when you do move forward to conquer your goals and move on with your life, just remember one thing. FORGIVE. Forgiveness isn't for the other person, it's for yourself.Without this the "moving on" process will not be a successful one. So, back to my initial question.."how do you move on when your past is still in the present?" I say with forgiveness,knowledge, and hope for a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment